Sunday, July 10, 2022

Monday Meandering 7 - 11 - 2022

Welcome to another week and new goals to work on.  I just had a big shock. (Ok, not THAT big of a shock but an unhappy surprise.) I spent the last 20 or so minutes writing about my goals.  Everything looked terrific until I realized I had copied and pasted my 6/27/22 goals. Delete, delete. Copy and paste the correct week. I keep my goals list on the Notes app that is on all my Apple products. Generally I check it on my cell phone but it is on my Mac Book and my iPad. 

Ok, here's how I did this past week. 

7/4/22

✅Work on July’s UFO challenge Meandering Geese - Top is almost complete

✅Start on Picnic Time small wall hanging - All pieces are traced on adhesive web

✅Make blocks for FCQ Officers, more red Spider Webs - done 

Quilt something… decision to be made during the week - quilted a patriotic quilt and a very small customer quilt.



This quilt was made by Beth, Marlyn and me several many months ago.  I've let it sit in the "to-be-quilted" closet for way too long. Recently my local guild put out a request for red, white and blue blocks, tops, or quilts. So, I got it out and got it quilted.  Hopefully, I'll have it bound before the meeting next week. 

The block request was for either 6.5", 9.5", or 12.5" unfinished blocks.  I decided it was a perfect time to try an Accucut die I received at Christmas. So I pulled it out and some fabric to make a 9.5" block. Talk about easy.  The directions on the packaging tells you exactly what size to precut your fabric and how to place it on the die. Easy peasy! Here's my first one. I suspect I'll make more before the next meeting. Or I could use the 12.5 Ohio Star die.  Or both. 


This is the Starry Path block on board. 


Here's what I plan to work on this week. 


7/11/22

Finish July UFO to top stage

Quilt and bind July UFO 

Cut out Picnic Time wall hanging and start machine appliquéing pieces

Make June BOM from A Quilting Life, Rainbow Scrap Challenge & R, W, B blocks  

Work on Christmas ornaments for grands


Yes, I did get all of my goals either finished or moved forward! Yippee! My goals for this week seem doable.  And, maybe I'll start a new baby quilt.  I haven't been starting many quilts this year as I have been focusing on the monthly UFOs. I've also been trying to get more tops quilted.  That often means I need to buy fabric for the backing.  I'm hoping I can scrounge enough fabric for backing for at least one more top of mine this month. (I already have the backing for the UFO challenge.) 


I'm ready to listen to the end of a book now.  So it's time to say go visit one of these Linky parties and enjoy surfing quilters' blogs.  I always find great inspiration whether I want it or not. 

Oh Scrap!

Monday Making

Design Wall Monday 

To Do Tuesday  


Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 





7 comments:

  1. wow nice block....should be a beauty of a finish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that block - it is another one that I was thinking of getting - at first glance it might look hard but then you look at it and break it up into sections and you can see how easy it would go together

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this block! Glad it was so easy to make. Have fun deciding what quilt to start making. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning star block! I can picture a whole quilt done with these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that’s a striking block: it will make a bold statement in a quilt. I haven’t turned on my machine in a week. I’ve got a backing ready to sew and press, but can’t get motivated to actually do it. Today is cloudy and cool, so perhaps it’s a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is quite a block, and looks complicated! Nice to have the Accuquilt to cut it, I bet. Congratulations on getting the patriotic quilt finished up, too. It always feels good to get those kinds of things out of the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am LOL at "find great inspiration whether I want it or not"! Gosh that Starry Path block is pretty. AQ is amazing. Yay on the patriotic finish.
    Thank you for joining with us at To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.