Tuesday, July 5, 2022

To Do Tuesday

Did you notice I skipped Monday this week?  I had some plans to do a short Happy 4th blog, even picked out the artwork.  But, nope, didn't happen.  So it's To Do Tuesday instead.  

So let's start with last week's goals list.  It was a great week actually. 

6/27/2022

✅Make backing for Cheese and Crackers quilt -- Check below to see the yellow backing at the top of the photo. 

✅Quilt and bind Cheese and Crackers -- Here's a peek at the quilting.


✅Finish making the dog toys -- Something like 28 toys are done.

✅Make 3 more blocks for Irma -- Ready to put in the mail.

Sew cupcakes block together -- Done, and it doesn't look much differently from last week's picture. 


Here's what I'm working on this week.


7/4/22

Work on July’s UFO challenge Migrating Geese

Start on Picnic Time small wall hanging 

Make blocks for FCQ Officers, more red Spider Webs 

Quilt something… decision to be made during the week



Here's the new challenge piece.  Several years ago I purchased a Technique Sheet (TS) from Studio 180. The sheets are printed in color and then laminated. The TS  shows how to make the geese and gives sizes for various widths of the strips. I made 5 long strips 9.5" wide. All the geese strips are completed.  I bought a wide back from Connecting Threads to use as the sashing, borders and backing.  After hours of making sure I would have enough fabric for the backing if I cut a hunk off for the sashing and borders, I started cutting.  


As you can tell I used some of my homespuns.  All the plaids I used made a dent but unfortunately I still have some left. Sigh.  I might need another project of homespuns one of these days. (Cheese and Crackers made a dent in my 30's and fabrics but another project or two also will be needed to use them up.) 


I admit there was shopping going on the last week of June.  I was hoping both packages would come in after July so I wouldn't have to count them in during June.  One is being counted on my June stash busting numbers and one will be in the July numbers.  But here's what I got.  First the June add ins.  


I've been getting emails from Craft Town fabrics for years.  In fact I've bought from them before but not for several years.  When they offered a great price on a rainbow box of Mettler Silk Finish threads I was totally hooked.  See the box below.  Don't they make you want to sew something in a beautiful bright color?  



I figured I could add some fabric for the same shipping charge, so I did. Plus they often have All or Nothing fabric or fabric at lower costs starting at $3.99.  These are older fabrics but definitely quilt store quality.  I decided to check the All or Nothing selection. Hum, there were several that appealed to me.  I ended up with 2 prints and 3 neutrals. Here's my haul. 


I hadn't bought novelty fabric for a while so I decided to get the popsicles and sheep just for something new.  Actually the popsicles is a full yard and will be used for the basis of a new quilt -- possibly a 3 yard quilt.  The sheep will probably be the centers a child quilt but not sure what as it is only 3/8th of a yard.  The other 3 neutrals will work well as background fabrics when I use a variety of backgrounds. (note -- Craft Town has $5.00 shipping up to $49.99 in July. And, no I don't get compensated for sharing this, just call me The Enabler!So I thought I was set for awhile. 


Except, Connecting Threads was having a 20% off sale and I fell for a fat quarter bundle of red fabrics.  So, again, I checked shipping and decided to add a one yard piece of wide backing.  I have had great luck using wide backing for piecing.  I was "planning" on getting some white I had purchased before.  It was a little surprise when I got the package. That lovely grey fabric was what was suppose to be white. Note to self: double check your order before submitting it! Sigh. I haven't decided how I plan on using it.  I will check my tops and see if there is any that would fit on it. Or it might become a background fabric for some project.  Lots of possibilities. 



The reds are going to be used on more spider web blocks.  The reds in my stash don't seem right to me so this influx of reds will be put to work soon. 


It seems like I had a whole lot to let everyone know about today.  But, I'm done now.  Well, except the plug for the Linky parties.  Here are links to the parties I'm participating in today. Please use these as launching pads to visit quilters on the Internet. 

Monday Making

Design Wall Monday 

To Do Tuesday

Midweek Makers 


Happy Quilting All! Bonnie 


11 comments:

  1. I am LOL at "just call me The Enabler"! :D Nice hauls in the fabrics, and those threads are gorgeous. Those are neat flying geese, makes me want to get back to a flying geese project I put aside last year. I like the yellow back on your Cheese and Crackers.
    Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice haul of new stash acquisitions, the popsickles are so sweet looking and so are those sheep! That is beautiful quilting on your 30's quilt. And the homespun geese are looking mighty comfy;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been on the Craft Town site, so yes, you're the enabler! I need some wide backs, so a look at Connecting Threads is on the list, too. Pretty fabric and thread - love the popsicle print! The geese look like a fun project - I've always liked that design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quilting on cheese and crackers! So pretty! Lovely haul of fabric, you'll have lots of fun with that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fun post! I’m glad I’m not the only one to cave when I see great fabric deals. The gray might be pretty with some bright blocks.love the new novelty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that package of red fabric - I have looked at it but resisting buying more right now. I love your geese!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Migrating Geese - thats a cool one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've come across "staggered geese" as borders for patterns. Never thought about using them in columns. I feel a quilt coming on! (But first I need to check out Craft Town!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your "To Do" list for this week. You are working on some beautiful projects! Love the reds you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilting is making me drool!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.