Sunday, July 31, 2022

Monday Meanderings 8 - 1 - 2022

 The year is rolling by -- Welcome August! The last week of July was great for me.  Here's what I got done.

7/25/22

✅Bind Migrating Geese. -- Done!  Honestly, I'll share pics soon. 

✅Keep working on Picnic Time -- Just need to bind 

✅Make some Halloween Blocks, and spider blocks -- Done. Here's a few spider web blocks I made this month. (I can't believe I made 4 with the same fabric.) 

Quilt and bind one of my quilts -- Done! 


And, I've got new plans for this coming week. 

 

8/1/22

Start center block for Halloween quilt

Start working on August UFO

Start Melodic Mystery 

Bind Picnic Time 

Work on grand’s Christmas ornaments 


These are the blocks that are my August UFO.  I have 33 of them. I'm planning on making 3 more and try a 6 x 6 setting.  This is a suggested layout.  Who knows what layout I'll finally decide.  Most of these still need to be trimmed and the paper pulled off the back. Then I can move forward to making a quilt.  Hopefully I'll have some fabric to use as the backing.


Here are my fabric choices for Melodic Mystery.  I was happy to have some of the fabrics in my stash -- the green raindrop and the lighter green.  I had a darker magenta but not enough of it so off to the local quilt store I went. I made my decision in about 5 minutes or less. The darker could be the binding.  I ended up buying new background fabric even though I had some in the stash, just not enough. 



Did you read my blog last week?  I showed the blocks that might go into a Halloween quilt. Cbot was kind enough to suggest that the larger block might have been made incorrectly.  She was right so now it looks like this. 

I actually sewed it although this pic is only the lay out. Now it's a bat. However, as I was flipping through patterns this afternoon I realized it wasn't a bat.  Go check out Butterfly Blossoms. Yep.  It's really a flower. I made a quilt with that pattern a long time ago so my guess is I decided not to put it in with the rest.  But I can see it as a bat too.  If it fits in I'll add it. 

I'm going to make a center block for the Halloween quilt.  I can't wait to get it made so I can show you. It's going to be fabulous! If I'm lucky I'll get this to top stage before it becomes the UFO of the month. 

Now for the regular info -- I'm linking up with the following parties. I'll be back later to link up the ones that haven't posted yet. 

Have a great week. 

Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie 











7 comments:

  1. Ohhhh Those spiderweb blocks are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn has sharp eyes! The bat block is improved. Are the spiderwebs die-cut or paper pieced? I'll need to check out that mystery....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the spider web blocks? Are they paper-pieced? They'll make a fun design. Love the blue and white blocks, too. You have lots of fun things going on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the red spiderweb blocks. Sounds like you have some fun sewing lined up. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat spider web blocks! I can see that block as a bat too.
    Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Red and white and spidery!!! Very cool. Blues are royal and deep. They make excellent birds in the air.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.