Friday, August 5, 2022

A July Finish

Yes this was finished in July -- it was the my July UFO for the challenge I'm in this year.  I joined the American Patchwork and Quilting UFO Challenge on Facebook in January.  Every month I've either finished a top or a quilt  that I considered a UFO.  This one I started last last year and then put it in the closet to be finished later.  Later turned out to be July. 

I made all of the columns before it went to the closet.  I auditioned different colors for the sashing.  Grey, some browns, and navy blue. I decided on the navy although I can't tell you which one of the above was the navy.  At some point I ordered some navy wide back from Connecting Threads. At the beginning of July I pulled it out to finish it. I carefully cut it so I had a backing and the sashing. 

When I made the geese columns my goal was to make a dent in my homespun fabrics.  Unfortunately, it only made a small dent so there will be some more homespun quilts coming in the future. 

Finished top ready for quilting. 

Finished but not bound.  I chose a design called Woodland Edge to Edge from My Creative Stitches.  (It is currently on sale for $5. At some point it will go up to $12 for the digital version. I'm a happy customer and get nothing from My Creative Stitches.) The thread is So Fine 452, a beige so it would show up on the backing well. 


We put it up in the hallway.  Pat made the hanger, I make the quilts!  And here are a few pictures of the backing that shows off the quilting. 



When I was organizing the pictures for this post I realized the last quilt I made hasn't been photographed and blogged about. I'll have to check and see if I have other quilts I haven't shared. 

I'm linking up with these Linky parties: 

   Mid Week Makers 

Needle and Thread Thursday

Finished or Not Friday

Beauties Pageant

I hope you can spend a little time surfing the Internet to see what people have been doing this week. 

Happy Quilting All!  Bonnie 

10 comments:

  1. I like that pattern - I used it for a border once

    ReplyDelete
  2. it turned out very well...a nice quilt indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and so "different". I don't think I've ever seen that quilt block before. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Navy was a good choice for sashing and backing. The quilting has beautiful texture - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Woodland quilting is gorgeous! Love the navy, and I LOVE the geese columns. I really like that pattern. Nice finish Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cool quilt! I really like homespun fabrics so this is perfect. Just beautiful Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finally got into Bloglovin this morning after not being able to the last 2 weeks! Oh I love this finish!! You might have told me before but what pattern did you go by for this top? OMG I have gobs of homespun in rubbermade 18 gallon tub(s) and always think I will use it and never get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beauty. The leafy quilting is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Woodland E2E on your quilt! It didn't look like much on the website, but I sure do like it stitched out on your quilt, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That turned out so pretty! I really like your quilting on it too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.