Sunday, August 23, 2009

Quilting Nearly Done

Frustration

Success

Hold Ups

Sarah's quilt is on Ruthie. It started with me not being able to get the tension right. But in the end I realized the thread had come out of the tension disk.

Success got several passes done. Then, ran out of bobbin thread. Replace, tested -- bummer tension problems. Rant, raved, cleaned, oiled, changed. Finally realized thread had come out of a guide. Few more passes done.

Next day had more problems but I was better able to correct them. Ran out of bobbins that were wound just before a late dinner. Decided to hold off until tomorrow to finish -- probably 3 passes and then on to the binding.

One thing I know for sure I won't be using Signature 100% cotton thread again -- too much lint. I'm having to blow out the bobbin area after each bobbin. Bummer.

Sorry Bloggetts -- no pictures today but should have some tomorrow.

Happy Quilting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.