Thursday, May 6, 2010

Eye Candy From Faithful Circle Quilters Show

Here are a few quilts that were hung at the Faithful Circle Quilters show last weekend. I am very sorry I didn't write down who made the quits. Rats.

I thought this was a really cute way to highlight novelty fabrics. And, come to think of it, I think I have this pattern and have made a quilt with it. Hum... How easily we forget!

These 9 patches were from when I was vice president of FCQ. I got wild and set them with snowball blocks not really thinking how big the quilt would be. It just about hits the floor all around on a queen size bed. It's in the "yellow" guest room. And, it's been slept under many a time. The quilting was done by Maria O'Haver. The color is off in this picture probably because of the flouresent light that was right above it. And, darn, you can't see the gorgeous quilting Maria did on it. (This was finished at least a year before I got Ruthie...) Notice that some of the 9 patches have dark corners and some have light corners. That really gives the quilt a different look -- more motion.


These three pieces were done in a workshop presented by Frieda Anderson. I believe they were made from kits that Frieda supplied. And done by three different people. I'm pretty sure the top one was done by Sharon Rhoton. What is really interesting is Frieda does just about everything with fusible web. The shocking part is the binding is done with fusible web also. Why not use fusible on the binding of small quilts? I doubt these were any bigger than 12" square.

I'll try to post a few more photos of quilts over the next few days. I didn't do a great job of taking pictures there but I have a few more to share with you.

Happy Quilting All!

2 comments:

  1. I have a suggestion. Photograph the sign on the quilt immediately after you photograph the quilt, then you have the title of the quilt and who made it quickly available. I learned this from my quilt show buddy a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.