I try hard to sign all of my quilts. Sometimes I just don't have the energy. When I made the backing of Sarah's quilt I decided to incorporate the label into the backing. No way it can be taken off without destroying the quilt.
I also made this pillowcase to stash the quilt in. I had a few extra blocks so I put them to use. This one has the edges turned under and just sewed down.
Now that Sarah's quilt is done I've been able to focus on other quilting. But YIKES! My thread combination is beautiful but the top thread kept breaking on this one. And, I do mean breaking. I only made it across the quilt once without multiple breakage. I used prewound bobbins with a very thin thread and a lovely variegated thread on top. I kept loosening the tension but I'm guessing I could have loosened it even more. The bobbin thread was VERY thin -- two strands.
I decided to do free motion flowery type things. I got the idea from Dawn Ramirez's Pajama Quilter Reloaded. I was happy with the results even if I had to tie off threads all the time!
Tomorrow I'll be putting the binding on so I can have another finish during August!
Plus Pat and I have a work date to reorganize the former office. It is now Ruthie's room. We still have a computer and way too many printers in there. We're hoping to use the space that's left more efficiently. I'll let you know how it goes.