First we trimmed off the bottom and top of our bags. Jennie (on the left) had saved a lot of dog food bags for us to use. (Yes quilters, we were using a rotary blade on a cutting board. ARGH!)
Carolyn was using a wooden ruler. (Double Argh!) But, it worked. (Hum, I wonder if I have an older mat I could pass on to Jennie?)
Ardie is covering the top opening. We used a piece for the front and one for the back.
Humm ... I missed getting a picture of doing the straps. We used a 1" piece of the cut off bag. We put a piece of tape down on the table sticky side up and carefully put the strap piece on it. We attached it to the inside of the bag. We reinforced it with another piece of tape. Duplicate for the second strap. Then we carefully folded each strap in half so the excess duct tape adhered to itself. A little tricky but it worked. You leave the last 1 or 2 inches open (ie, not folded.)
So, here we are with our bags. Two chip style bags and 3 dog food bags. I guess I will put mine in the car so I can use it at the grocery store. (note to self... clean it out again, maybe with a little 409.)
Here is mine hanging on the door handle. (By the way, those Veggie Straws are great!)
Ruthie seems to be back to almost normal. I need to go fix her tension which really isn't all that big of a deal. After Pat worked on her a bit last night I sewed a bit to see if the thread was still breaking. Nope. At least not on the 40" or less that I stitched. But the tension was off. So after lunch I'm upstairs to give it a try. I would really like to get Jenny's quilt done as she, Brian and Sophie may be coming down this weekend.
Yesterday I got one of my weekly goals almost done. Yippee! Progress. I'll save pictures of it until I get the binding sewn down.