Friday, May 6, 2011

One Block

Apparently I am slowing down on my blogging.  I have been hard pressed over the last few weeks to get more than 2 blogs a week.  I was trying to figure out why I didn't have more to say.  I have no idea!  After reading blogs on Google Reader I thought I should post a little bit.  


My rational for blogging is folks like pictures.  I often read complete blogs but sometimes I just enjoy the photos.  It's a great way to get ideas -- designs, colors, projects.  Sometimes I see new products I would like to own. (Hey, I'm a ruler junkie!)  Sometimes I see a quilting design that I would love to have the panto.  And, honestly, I forget a good 75% of the stuff I see.  Sigh.  But it is fun to look at lots of blogs.  And save patterns and tutorials.  Who knows if I will ever make any of them although I have made a few.   


It's my turn to request blocks from my FCQ Equilters group.  I just was up in December and haven't done anything with those blocks yet.  How could I come up with another block so soon.  So, I procrastinated (I'm good at that!) but finally came up with Attic Windows.  No, not the one you are thinking of but the one here at my friend Marge's web site, Delaware Quilts.  But I couldn't ask for it until I tried it my self. My request is red, white and blue.  I'll either make a quilt for a state-wide initiative to make quilts for families of fallen warriors in Virginia or a Quilt of Valor quilt. Time will tell.




I've been working on Ruthie and as of late she is being ornery.  I am trying to finish a quilt so I can load a charity quilt that needs to go to guild tomorrow.  Let's hope she's in a better mood today! If not I'll do some piecing. 


Happy Quilting all!  




  

2 comments:

  1. I am drawn to photos on a blog, too. Sometimes I just skim through the writing and check out the photos, but if I am intrigued by what I skim, I will read the entire post.

    Would bribery work on calming Ruthie? Some oil, a new needle. or a good dusting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. I can't find anything to write about unless I have some photos!

    I've never seen that version of attic windows.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.