Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Close to Finish...


Here's the first of the three quilts I am doing on Ruthie soon. This is a Happy Quilt top I finished before the move and had hoped to get quilted before we moved... didn't happen until now. I used a new pantograph and I'm not that excited about it. And, I am definitely rusty too, which may be why I'm not all that thrilled with it. My curves are lumpy. My points are bumpy. I need to get my skill back. I practiced a couple of rows of two or three pantos before doing this one. Sigh. Maybe by my third one I'll be back up to snuff, so to speak. On the third quilt I am going to use a very easy pantograph of roses. Monday I'll be quilting last weekend's mystery quilt -- probably freehand stars with curlies going around too.

This panto is called Flyaway by Willow Leaf Studios. I used navy So Fine by Superior Threads and Warm and White batting, preshrunk.
Guess who got a hair cut today? Finally. And not a day too soon -- it was about 104 in Richmond today. Shoot, it says it 102 in Powhatan at 9 pm. Yikes
Do you keep up with visitor count on your blog? I do a bit. When I checked all of the statistics the other day everything was gone. Yikes. Where did it go? But, today, info is back. Hopefully it is accurate... although I don't pay that much attention to it -- more curious than anything else. And, the number of viewers each day fluctuates wildly. But it is nice to see that a few people read this. It's nice to have an audience.

Goals for tomorrow:
• trim million pieces blocks.
• tie off any loose threads on Happy Quilt.
go to sit and stitch with Country Piecemakers.
sew batting together for mystery quilt.

That's more than enough for me. Some of those things will be done at the sit and stitch, some at home.

Happy Quilting All!

5 comments:

  1. I just love happy blocks, they are so.....happy! I just loaded a new top up after not quilting for a while and was also amazed at how fast I got rusty again. Practice practice practice, I'm sure it will all come back soon enough. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that it is not that HOT here: temperatures are very temperate.

    Don't be so hard on yourself: the Happy Quilt will bring smiles to a child even with lumpy curves and bumpy points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun quilt to play "I spy.."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure do like that panto and once the quilt is washed it will be wonderful for a child to snuggle with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhhhhhhhh Thank you Bonnie! was looking through your blog and under your close to finish I looked at that quilt and knewwwwwwww I had started one of those! Had forgotten all about it so now it is once again back on my desing wall! Thanks! Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.