Monday, November 23, 2009

Yum!

Pat and I had a shopping day today. Most of what we got was for me. New turtleneck, sweater and vest. Will be good for Christmas and then the rest of winter. And, did a little, tiny bit of Christmas shopping for the family and others....

On the way back we stopped here for dessert:
It is the Pocono Cheesecake Factory, a bakery. Pat had a piece of cheesecake and I had a chocolate eclaire. Mine had the very best filling! Nowhere to sit and eat in this store -- so we sat in the car and enjoyed the goodies.

Before we left I got these two blocks ready to send to Kathy Tracy. Her most recent book is Remembering Adelia: Quilts Inspired by Her Diary. She is currently writing a new book and has asked members of Small Quilts Talk, a yahoo group, to make friendship blocks for her. So I got to searching through my fabric stash and found these 19th century reproductions to use. It will be fun to see what Kathy does with the blocks.

I have finally finished the binding on the charity red, white and blue quilt. We'll take pictures tomorrow before we package it up. I've got a few other things ready to mail various places so I might get them ready too.

Happy Quilting All!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.