Sunday, June 28, 2009

Finger Lakes Part 2

The wine trails around Lake Cayuga and Lake Seneca are very well marked. I had picked up a brochure on each. We figured out which winery had the types of wines we wanted and gave them a try. Some wines were great some were left at the shop!

Here we are sampling a port -- if I remember correctly it was a white port. Very different taste but we both liked it. I am not much of a wine drinker but I do like sherry and ports. I guess that means I like things sweet.




Here's the view from the winery. That is Lake Cayuga in the background. The weather had cleared and the sun was shining. (earlier it had poured rain.)








Look what we found near Waterloo, NY. It may have been in Waterloo but there were so many little towns it was hard to know which one we were in at a time! Yep, an honest to goodness drive-in. We enjoyed rootbeer, fries, burgers and Philly cheesesteak sandwich.





Mac's drive-in with the curb service. They didn't have the speakers to the kitchen like I've seen before but service was good. Food was inexpensive and fine.









As we were wandering around Lake Seneca we passed this sculpture on the grounds of Hobart and William Smith College. How appropriate for a quilter. Well, except maybe a rotary cutter would have been even better! LOL





Although we went to the quilt store before lunch I took the picture after lunch. We sat outside, with Raggs at a great restaurant overlooking Seneca lake. There was a little fence with grape vines on it.

We were happy the restaurant allowed us to have Raggs with us and he behaved very well. Heck, he fell asleep at my feet and didn't pay much attention to what was going on around him, including when lunch was delivered.


We stopped at Oh Susannah's Quilts and Gifts in Watkins Glen. It is a wonderful shop. Check my next post to find out what I bought. Hint: I got a cute little bag that was brand new from spring quilt market in Pittsburgh. What is in the bag?

1 comment:

  1. Giant scissors and wine..now that is a great combination..I love it.

    Can't wait to see the photos of what you bought.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.