Thursday, June 4, 2009

May Stashbusting Report (OH NO!)

MONTH
Fabric used by finished quilts:   6.9 yards
Fabric purchased       13.75 yards 
Net fabric USED from stash:     (6.85). yards 
YEAR
Year to date fabric used: 28.3 yards
Year to date fabric purchased: 42.58 yards
Net Year to date USED from stash    (14.28) yards

Oh No!   It is getting worse, not better.  Ok, confession time.  Most of this incoming fabric is backings for quilts that I will be doing on the long arm machine soon.  Maybe not this week but hopefully at least two of them will be done by the end of the month. (And, that includes the binding!) And, I did get some wonderful fabric for Mother's Day and for a new project.... 

Here's the back of the streak of lightning quilt I did on Ruthie the day she arrived. I am not so pleased with my tension issue.  I was in a hurry so that might have been the cause of the problems.  And experienced longarmers suggest I use the same color thread on the top and the bottom.  I do need to play with the tension a bit more to get it nicely embedded in the fabric. Nolting has a wonderful stitch, I just need to be patient and find it on Ruthie. It was there on the practice fabric, but I changed thread and quilt and everything needs to be adjusted. 



Here is the front of the quilt I did before I left for Maryland.  I'm pleased with my stipples. On the other hand, I've been doing decent stipples for years on my domestic sewing machine.  

Time to clean Ruthie's room and then load another quilt on the machine.  While in Maryland I picked up some charity quilts to quilt on.  Using these lets me get proficient and also finishes the quilts.  They will go back to Maryland next time I go down.  

Happy Quilting All! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am pleased you've come to visit. I hope you will leave a comment.