Friday, June 5, 2009

Quilt 2 on Ruthie

Quilt #2 went on Ruthie last night.  Hum, I wonder if I am actually loading the quilt correctly?  I picked up 5 or so charity quilts from Faithful Circle to use to practice on Ruthie.   I did one pass last night.  I fiddled with the tension before I started and it looks pretty good.  Now, I can't quite say the same for my design work.  It definitely isn't horrible, but it is a little "square" rather than round.  I'm very pleased with it overall though.  

Here's the close up of the quilting... a bit square, 
not round. 














On Monday night Jenny and I went to the end of the year pot luck for Faithful Circle Quilters. It was a really nice event this year.  And, I won one of these fat quarters and the other was a door prize.  They will fit right in with my  stash of goodies.  (Of course, I am trying to USE fabric not bring in new!) 

Up next on Ruthie is a quilt not unlike the one shown above.  However, I am going to put the backing as the top because it is a little town scene with roads, etc.  It is a great quilt for little car enthusiasts.  They can drive over the roads with matchbox cars and visit the library and the school.  You get the picture.  Anyway, this evening I will be putting it on.  Now, I want lunch... I'm hungry!  And, yuck, it is poring... good thing Raggs and I went out a half hour ago or so! 

Happy Quilting All!  


1 comment:

  1. practice makes perfect!! I am still practicing on charity quilts and wallhangings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.