Friday, June 19, 2009

Road Trip

Road trip today to Tunkhannock and Endless Mountain Quiltworks with a group from the guild. Woowee!

Plans for me include:

fabric to go with the jelly roll I have for Sarah's quilt -- borders, binding, a bit more fab to make the quilt larger

look at green fabs

try not to buy any more than what I actually need

Last night I tried one of the "blocks" in Sizzling Sixties to see how my ruler worked since I don't have the flat topped one recommended in the book. Yep, had to make a change but I did get a decent block out of it in the end. I am in love with this book. I was going to make the quilt on the cover but after my practice block I thought it would be more expedient to make one that was considered intermediate rather than advanced. After all, I need to have this completely done by mid August. It will be cool no matter which quilt I do! Click on the link to go to Connecting Threads, then you can look at each of the quilts in the book. (Don't you just love that with Connecting Threads!)

Time to get the road show on the road, so to speak. I'll report back this evening with my goodies. At least, I hope I'll get some goodies!

Happy Quilting All!


1 comment:

  1. I just bought this book too!
    I can't wait to get going on some new projects from it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.