There is another Snoopy dance going on around here. I finished a string quilt that I plan to give to Project Linus. And, I've learned several things about doing string quilts. I did this on paper foundations. First I used copy paper from my computer. Yikes, that stuff is strong. Then I found some lined school paper that wasn't as strong. That was much easier to tear off. I also used very thin strings. Hey, I have an overflowing laundry basket with fabric strings I wanted to use. But, it takes more time to sew 1" wide strings then 2, 2.5 or 3" strings. And, all the edges end up being on the bias. But, it is a good way to use up some extra fabric. This was a free quilt. Everything came from the stash (including the batting). If you are interested check out directions at Heartstrings. And, if you are looking for someplace to donate blocks this is the place.
I've decided to pull out a UFO for a handwork project. I got almost one motif done at my Wednesday quilt group. And, I could see the stitches which is another problem I have. Current plans are to continue working on it on Wednesdays until I'm done with it. That could be a while. I have 4 more half triangle areas to do, 4 corners that are quarter triangles, some blocks that still need to be done and all of the borders. Heck, I don't even know what I want to do in the borders at this point! But, if I work on it steadily, I'll get it done and maybe it will be another finish for 2008. Happy quilting all! Bonnie