Friday, February 27, 2009

Quilting with Domestic Sewing Machine

One of the classes I took this weekend was quilting feathers.  Surprisingly, they aren't all that hard.   Or perhaps it is because I've been quilting stuff for a while on my Bernina.  

Here is my sample of feathers and circles. No, don't panic, I didn't do this freehand, although I could now if I wanted to.  

Here's the sample with the markings.  And, yes, I followed the line.  Actually, because you can't see the stitching lines all that well on the sample it looks pretty good.  But, believe me I was off the lines enough to make it obvious. 















And, here's the quilt Jen and I worked on while we learned to use the long arm machine.  Oh, boy, did I like that.  I've often thought it would be a pain to set it up and get it loaded.
  

Maybe because the piece was so 
small it wasn't that big of a deal.  It is about 31" square and will be my monthly quilt for Project Linus after I bind it.  

I didn't quilt at all yesterday.  Actually, I didn't do much except read and veg.  Now, I need to transport all the supplies I took back up to the studio.  And, then I need to work on a block.  

Happy Quilting All.  Bonnie 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bonnie, the feathers are beautiful. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.