Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

I had a nice Mother's Day weekend. Kevin and I had a great time Friday afternoon with the dogs and catching up. Pat worked with Kevin all day Saturday fixing up his new workshop above the garage.  They were putting plywood type stuff around the walls.  They didn't finish until about 6 pm last evening and they both were worn out.  The dogs hung out around the garage until I got home and then came inside with me. Dinner was terrific.  This morning the guys cooked a puff pancake for breakfast.  (Darn, now why didn't I take a photo of that?) And, they did all the dishes too.  I was groggy from Raggs waking up at 4:00 am!  I'm just beginning to wake up now.  

Talk about a bunch of great presents for Mother's Day!  Woot! Woot!  Aimee thanks for getting Kevin to the quilt store! And, Kevin thanks for getting the fat quarters and the rotary blade for me!   I love the fat quarters!  I have a plan for two of them.  I'll let you know how it turns out!  They are being preshrunk as I type!  
Here's a view showing the individual fabrics.  Nice mix of colors.  And, no, I don't have any of them.  















Brian and Jenny got me the dvd and workbook Pajama Quilter Reloaded.  The workbook has some great pattern ideas in it.  I am looking forward to viewing the DVD.  This should be a big help with my long arm that is coming at the end of May.  Remember how pitiful my finishes were for April?  Well, that's because I am saving everything to quilt on my soon to arrive Nolting 18" commercial.  

I've heard only great things about Pajama Quilter Reloaded. It shows how to do free motion quilting an gives lots of ideas for patterns to follow.  Now, how do I load that quilt on the machine?  I saw a site today that sells videos for the beginning long armer.  I need to check Nolting's site to see what instructional videos they have before I buy any.  

The fabric is ready to be ironed -- and I am motivated so will sign off and head for the studio.

Happy Mother's Day.  And, for those of you who are quilting -- enjoy your quilting time!  

 

2 comments:

  1. Be sure when you watch the DVD, you also choose to watch the individual sections, because I watched that thing about 5 times and then decided I needed to watch each section. Well, wouldn't you know there are some sections you can't get to by just watching the dvd straight through. They aren't in the special sections part, they just have to be clicked on from the main menu. Either that or I have a weird DVD player!

    I learned so much watching that dvd over and over and over again.
    you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn -- thanks so much for the hint. I may start watching it tonight. Depends on whether my novel grabs me or not! B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Let me know what you're thinking about.